Tuition and Enrollment
- We accept applications throughout the year. Mid-semester enrollments are prorated.
- Tuition is $450.00 for the 2016 – 2017 season ($225.00 per 5 month semester). 1st Semester is August – December and 2nd Semester is January – May.
- Plus, a one-time fee of $5.00 for a Music Binder. Lost or damaged binders needing to be replaced will also be charged at $5.00 each.
- Auditions will be scheduled after receipt of application.
- Rehearsals are 6:15pm – 8:30pm on Mondays at Warm Springs Middle School in Murrieta.
TVYS students returning from last season will NOT need to audition for acceptance into the program. However, there may be auditions for seating placement at the beginning of each semester, to be determined by the Music Director.
All NEW students are expected to audition.
- Please fill out an Application Form for the group and send it to click here.
- You will be contacted and an audition time will be set.
NOTE: Auditions and late enrollments are accepted throughout the season.
Audition Requirements for TVYS
Be prepared to play a piece of repertoire or a concert solo you are currently studying. We prefer that you play one selection that is melodic/lyrical and one selection that is technical.
Plus, be prepared for the following:
- Woodwinds and Brass: B-Flat major scale, 2 octaves (tongued)
- Violins and Violas: A-flat and A major, 3 octaves
- Cello: D major 3 octaves
- Double Bass: G major 2 octaves
- Percussion: Rudiments and a piece demonstrating your abilities on snare drum, bells or xylophone, and timpani.
- Mallet Instruments: A flat major and B major scales
Please download the application form at the bottom of this page, print it out and save the document to your computer. The application cannot be emailed directly from this website.
You will need to attach it to your email and send it to click here.
Click here to download the 2016-17 Temecula Valley Youth Symphony Application.