For more information call 951-587-1536
Junior Youth Symphony Information – Please view the Information Flyer at the bottom of the page on the Youth Symphony tab.
Junior Youth Symphony is an Intermediate Orchestra for strings, winds, brass and percussion players. Emphasis is placed on orchestral performance skills, musicianship, ensemble technique and repertoire building.
- Tuition for Jr. Youth Symphony is $550.00 for the season ($275.00 per 5 month semester). 1st Semester is August – December and 2nd Semester is January – May.
- Families with more than 1 student enrolled will receive a 10% discount for each student enrolled.
- Auditions will be scheduled after receipt of application.
- Rehearsals are 4:30pm – 6:00pm on Mondays at Warm Springs Middle School in Murrieta.
ALL STUDENTS are expected to audition at the beginning of each new Season.
- Please fill out an Application Form for the group and send it to click here.
- You will be contacted and an audition time will be set.
NOTE: Auditions and late enrollments are accepted throughout the school year.
Audition Requirements for TVYS – Youth Symphony and Jr. Youth Symphony
Be prepared to play a piece of repertoire or a concert solo you are currently studying. We prefer that you play one selection that is melodic/lyrical and one selection that is technical.
Plus, be prepared to play a scale of your choice. Please play it in as many octaves as you are able to do so on your particular instrument and play it well.
You will also be asked to sight read something new.
Percussion students will be asked to play rolls, flams, and demonstrate their knowledge of the snare drum. If a percussion student is primarily a mallet player then playing a scale on the orchestra bells or xylophone will be requested. If timpani are available during the audition then you will be asked to play a roll on the timpani as well as articulated 16th note patterns.
Please download the application form at the bottom of this page, print it out and save the document to your computer. The application cannot be emailed directly from this website.
You will need to attach it to your email and send it to click here.
Prelude Level I and II
Prelude I is a 30 min. class for Beginning String Students and starts beginners on their instrument with basic instruction.
Prelude II is a one and a half hour class rehearsal in a string ensemble setting that teaches young string players how to play in a group setting.
- We accept students who aspire to learn violin, viola, cello, or bass.
- We accept applications throughout the year. Mid-semester enrollments are prorated.
- Prelude II Tuition is $550.00 for the season ($275.00 per semester).
- Prelude I Tuition is $450.00 for the season ($225.00 per semester).
- The 1st Semester is August – December and 2nd Semester is January – May.
- String Instructors: Gina Wingfield & Putnam Cook
- Prelude I Class is held 4:00 pm–4:30 pm.
- Prelude II Class is scheduled from 4:30-5:30 pm.
If you are interested in starting your child on strings and they have no previous experience, please contact us. We can also recommend a private teacher.
Please download the Prelude Application form, print it out and save the document to your computer. You will need to attach it to your email and send it to click here.