Monday, August 21, 2023 at Murrieta Springs Seventh-day Adventist Church!
32477 Starbuck Circle
Murrieta CA 92562
Contact Shelby Huber (manager) to set up an audition time, and see below for the application and audition requirements.
Spring Session Dates:
January 22, 2024 thru May 13, 2024
This includes concerts on March 11th adn May 20th, 2024.
Save the date for our Music Festival Trip on May 11, 2024
If you miss the official audition day, students may audition any time throughout the school year when rehearsals are scheduled, and will be scheduled after receipt of application. Auditions typically take place before a regularly scheduled rehearsal.
- Apply (Click to download the form)
- You may print the document to fill it out, or complete the form on your computer.
- Once the form is complete, please email the form to both the contacts listed on the last page of the form.
- Check out the Audition Requirements below
- Once your application form is received, we will contact you to schedule an audition.
We look forward to having you join our outstanding Youth Symphony!
- Play a piece of repertoire, etude, or a concert solo you are currently studying. We prefer that you play one selection that is melodic / lyrical and one selection that is technical.
- Play a scale of your choice. Please play it in as many octaves as you are able to do so on your particular instrument and play it well.
- Percussion students:
You will be asked to play rolls, flams, and demonstrate their knowledge of the snare drum.
If a percussion student is primarily a mallet player then playing a scale on the orchestra bells or xylophone will be requested. If timpani are available during the audition then you will be asked to play a roll on the timpani as well as articulated 16th note patterns.
All students are expected to audition at the beginning of each new Season.